Last Updated October 5, 2020
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways.
You directly provide hiveonline with most of the data we collect through the mycoop.online application. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online through mycoop.online application
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
hiveonline may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- AMPCM cooperative data
- Cooperative management registration
- CropIn agricultural platform
The information we may collect via our Services depends on the content and materials you use, and includes:
Demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as your name, phone number, email address, Government ID) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Application.
Cooperative data and identification information including InCaju ID, Smart Farm ID, NUIT numbers when you register in the mycoop.online application.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access our Services, such as your usage of our website or your native actions that are integral to the Application.
Financial information, such as data related to your financial history, and financial assets are collected for reputation scoring purposes, and may be shared with financial institutions when users apply for financial loans.
Production Plan Data
We will collect information regarding farmer production plans, including plot size, crop type, expected yield, and expected delivery date. This is to estimate the amount of produce that will be delivered and also contributes towards the reputation scoring.
We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our Services, to provide location-based functionality. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Access
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s camera, photo gallery, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Mobile Device Data
Device information such as your mobile device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of your operating system, phone number, country, location, and any other data you choose to provide.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customised experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via our Services to:
- Contact you regarding our organisation and Services
- Improve the quality of our Services
- Create and manage your account.
- Notify you regarding your account or order via SMS.
- Enable cooperative manager communications to cooperative members.
- Generate a cooperative member profile about you for cooperative management purposes.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Application.
- Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve your experience with the Application.
- Notify you of updates to the Application.
- Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you alerts and/or information through SMS.
- Solicit support for the Application.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and promotions, and other information regarding the Application to you.
- Assist law enforcement.
Data analysis of farmer data including KYC, Production Plans, Financial data will be conducted to build individual member and collective group reputation scoring. The reputation scoring is an alternative credit score, based on trust and provided data, which will be used for lending decisions. The analysis of reputation and cooperative data builds further evidence for grant applications and access to funding. The reputation score can then be appropriately shared with financial institutions and support agencies to increase inward investment into cooperatives and their members based on their history of reliable behaviour.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
MFIs and Financial Institutions
Data from the reputation analysis can then be appropriately shared with financial institutions and support agencies to increase inward investment into cooperatives and their members based on their history of reliable behaviour.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
You should be aware that getting a new device, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into user account settings and updating the user account.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided.
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
For Newsletter-related communications:
- Unsubscribe from the Mailchimp mailing list
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
For Account-related communications:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Application.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Pier47, Langelinie Allé 47
2100 København Ø
Phone: +45 24 42 73 71
You may also contact the data protection authority if you have any concerns on your rights or the usage of your data as a data subject:
Danish Data Protection Agency (Datatilsynet)
Borgergade 28, 5.
1300 København K
+45 33 19 32 00